If a filing is still Pending, and the filing clerk has not begun their review of it, then the user may cancel the filing.

Before canceling a filing, be aware that if the user cancels it, and then refiles it on a date OTHER than the original filing date, the court issues the re-submitted filing a NEW submission date, and NOT the date of the original, cancelled filing.

Note: Not all courts allow for a filer or EFSP to cancel or edit a pending filing. Please see the list of courts at the bottom of this page.
  1. From the Dashboard, click Filing Status from the left menu.
  2. Click the Filing Id of the pending filing.
  3. Scroll to section 2, and check to make sure the status column still shows Sent. If the status column in section 2 shows Review Processing then the filing clerk has begun their review of the envelope. The filing is now in a state that a filer can not cancel it.
  4. If the status column still shows “Sent”, click the Cancel Filing link on the upper right.

Courts That DO NOT Allow Cancellations

The following courts do not allow filers or EFSPs to cancel or edit pending filings:

  • Los Angeles, Superior Court of California – Civil Limited and Unlimited Case Types
  • Placer, Superior Court of California – All Case Types
  • San Diego, Superior Court of California – Civil and Probate Case Types