If you wish to have a document served electronically to any service contacts on a case, Serve Only is an option to use. When filers click the Submit button, the application sends the document(s) to the court only. The court does NOT file them. The court then sends Notification of Service emails directly to each of the service recipients, and it notifies us of this service by any of our customers.
Scroll down for more detailed instructions.
From the Dashboard, click Create Serve Only
- Select your Case – Choose your case, or click Add a Case to retrieve your case from the court’s system.
- Click the Click to Upload link to add your document, and also add a document description if that court allows it.
- Filing Party – Choose the party or parties you are filing on behalf of.
- Service Contacts – Add the service contacts to your filing for whom you want perform the electronic service on.
- Review & Submit – review all information for accuracy, and Submit Service.
Create Serve Only
- Select Case – Choose your case, or click add a case to retrieve your case from the court’s system. If you do not see your case in the menu, click the Add a Case link. You may need to do an advanced case search by Party Name if it doesn’t come up on the first try.
- Add Documents – Select and upload the documents that make up your filing.
- The system automatically names the Document Type.
- Enter the Document Description: Type the true document title in the document description field. Note: not all courts allow filers to add a description in this field
- Click the Click to Upload link to add your document. We’ll automatically convert most native file formats (i.e. Word, WordPerfect, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF) into the Court’s preferred Adobe PDF format, upon upload.
- Click the Edit button to edit a description, delete a document, replace a document, or add an attachment.
- Filing Party – Choose the party or parties you are filing on behalf of. Not all courts request you select a filing party.
- Service Contacts – Starting in the Spring of 2021, select courts will have the option to serve documents via Certified or First Class Mail for an additional fee. Add service contacts to your filing to perform electronic service. If the court doesn’t list any service contacts listed, or the filer needs to add additional service contacts, click the Add Service Contact link.
- Check any box in the eServe column to electronically serve a filer via email
- The Mail Service column allows users to send their accepted documents via Certified or First Class Mail
- In the Name column, a filer may add or edit an address for Mail Service. However, only the contact’s name will show unless the filer selects a Mail Service type in the previous column.
- As always, filers may click the Add Service Contact link to add new contacts to a filing.
- Filers will want to make sure the Return Address listed is correct for any Mail Service returned to them.
- Postage & Handling – Mail service fees paid separately from filing fees allows filers to choose a payment type.
- Review & Submit – Finalize your submission, review, and submit. Review all entries. Enter an internal Client Matter Number if needed, and click the Submit Service button when ready.
Congratulations! You have submitted your document(s) to the court for electronic service. The court has now sent the documents to the service contacts listed, and it will record when the recipients receive and open them.