If you have a sealed Unlawful Detainer case in the San Diego Civil Court that you need to add to your account after the Court accepts your case initiation, you may add the case from that accepted filing following these steps:
Return to the Accepted Filing
To return to the accepted filing you may either:
- Click the filing id in the accepted email notification
- Click Filing Status from the left menu of the dashboard to view all your filings and then click the accepted filing id on that screen. If you have more than 20 filings, you will need to use the pager on the upper right of the page to filter through your filings. Learn More…
Use the GET CASE Link in Section 1 of the Accepted Filing
3. The e-filing system will auto-populate the Plaintiff, Defendant, and Residence information as you entered the information in the accepted filing.
However, if the information does not EXACTLY match what is the the court’s case management system, the court will not allow the case be added to the account.
LETTER A – Enter a Case Number For Restricted Unlawful Detainer Cases
- Case Year – Enter the year of the case listed in the case number.
- Case Number – Enter the 8 digits after the year listed in the case number (i.e. 00012345 from the case number 37-2021-00012345-CL-UD-CTL).
LETTER B – Plaintiff – Verify the field(s) correctly displays the plaintiff’s First, Middle, and Last Name or lists a business’ name. Remove all unnecessary commas and dashes (i.e change Acme Business, LLC to Acme Business LLC).
LETTER C – Defendant – Verify the fields correctly display the defendant’s First, Middle, and Last Name or switch to a business name. If you are having trouble adding the case and there is more than one defendant, try using the other name. Once again, do not forget to remove all unnecessary commas and dashes.
LETTER D – Residence – Verify the fields correctly display the Street Number, Directional, Street Name, Street Type, Unit Number, City, State, and Postal Code. Remove the # sign from the Unit Number. If the Unit Number is 5 digits or more (i.e. Unit 12345) you will enter the Street Type and Unit Number to the Street Name field (i.e. Main Avenue 12345 would all be entered into the Street Type field).
Once the E-Filing System Finds the Case
Once the e-filing system finds the case, you may click that case number in section 1 to pull up the case. Then verify the case information and you may also click the “File on Case” link on the upper right of the Case Summary screen.