While the Superior Court of Kern County is available for electronic filing, currently there are a number of documents the filer will need to submit in paper at the counter. The following is a list of documents Kern County does NOT accept for e-filing as of January 1, 2020.

Civil Filings

  • Appeals

Civil FAQs

Family Law Filings

  • Appeals
  • Elder Abuse
  • Abandonments
  • Adoptions
  • Termination of Parental Rights
  • Domestic Violence
  • Surrogacy Actions
  • Petitions to Establish Parental Rights
  • Foreign Custody Decree
  • Foreign Divorce Decree
  • Registration of Out of State Order
  • Reciprocal incoming/outgoing – UIFSA

Family Law FAQs

Probate Filings

  • Appeals
  • Probate Petitions Initiating A New Case
  • Wills/Codicils
  • Bonds
  • Abandonments
  • Letters (probate, guardianship, conservatorship)

Probate FAQs

For more information, please visit the Superior Court of Kern County’s website .